After consulting Rocko and his friends, I've come up with this wish list of things kids love and will find useful for outdoor adventures.
If you purchase from these links, we may get a small commission, at no additional cost to you.
Outdoor adventure gear:
Aything from National Geographic!
National Geographic Store
You need the tools to explore! How about a safe multi-tool? For ages 5+, this kit includes
- 1 Telescoping Magnet
- 1 Field Tongs
- 1 Field Spade
- 1 Field Brush
- 1 Magnifing Mirror
- 1 Safety Whistle
- 1 Carabiner Clip
Our family is outfitted with Klean Kanteens. We like that they are easy to clean, can take a beating (or a dropping, again and again and again). We also like that they are mostly without plastic (except part of the cap).
Not going to lie, this mineral-based sunscreen does make us look a little like mimes. However, the lack of chemicals and safe nature of this brand has us using it exclusively.
The National Geographic Ultimate Rock, Mineral and Fossil Kit includes over 200 fossils, minerals, and rocks; can you think of a better way to begin your collection?
- Fossils from prehistoric sea life like Clams, Ammonites, Brachiopods, and Gastropods
- Polished gemstones & minerals like Red Jasper, Desert Rose, Blue Quartz, Red Quartz, Pumice, Snowflake Obsidian, and Aventurine
- 3 genuine geodes, one broken and ready for display, 2 unbroken specimens for you to crack open yourself!
- A full-color learning guide
This earth science kit by National Geographic provides a hands-on science experiment that you and your children are guaranteed to love.
This science kit includes:
- 10 high-quality crystal filled geodes
- 1 set safety goggles
- 3 display stands
- 1 Full-color learning guide
Rocko won't stop asking about making a volcano! Well that will be easy with this National Geographic Mega Science Series Earth Science Kit.
With this kit, you’ll be able to:
- Grow a Real Crystal (in as little as 3 days!)
- Create Your Own Reusable Volcano
- Paint Your Volcano Anyway You’d Like
- Make Your Volcano Erupt
- Cause an Even Bigger Eruption
- See How a Chewable Mint Candy Makes an Eruption
- See How a Popping Candy Makes an Eruption
- Dig Up a Rose Quartz Specimen
- Dig Up Two Pyrite 'Fool's Gold' Specimens
- Generate a Whirling Water Tornado
- Race Dueling Water Tornadoes
- Make a Glow-in-the-Dark Vortex
- See a Vegetable Oil Vortex
- Experiment with a Dish Soap Vortex
- Read Through a Rock (Selenite)
- Start a Rock Collection (with snowflake obsidian, tiger’s eye, green fluorite, pumice, desert rose, blue calcite, a geode, and agate)
Are you looking for adventures nearby? Check out this list!