Here are my goals:
- To engage my kids and yours with science and the majesty of the natural world.
- To be a conscientious consumer, avoiding plastic in my processes and shipping.
- To only source from mines which leave a minimal footprint upon the earth, to the extent that they can.
- To know who the miners are as humans and to share their stories.
- To research the gemstones and describe how they came to be in language young learners can grasp.
- To get a high magnification microscope and capture photos of the crystalline structures.
- To get a UV light to show which gems glow (because some do and that's awesome).
- To not let this venture consume all of my time, because my kids are growing up so quickly.
My son turns five tomorrow. 🤯 He's the coolest, most inquisitive and imaginative person I know. It was hard to let go of him so he could sleep; when he wakes, he'll be as old as one whole hand. 🖐️